With a strong focus on local food procurement and enhancing the creativity of recipes served in schools comes delicious and wellbalanced meals. Here is an example of a new recipe that could be
served to your children! Grab some peaches and consider whipping up this tasty recipe for Peaches n Cream Overnight Oats! Perfect for a quick grab and go breakfast, this recipe serves one.
• ¼ cup oats, rolled, unenriched, quick cooking
• ½ cup vanilla low-fat yogurt
• 1 oz. 1% white milk
• ½ cup peaches, canned, diced in extra light syrup
1. Combine dry oats, yogurt, and milk together until blended.
2. Stir in fruit.
3. Place into 10 oz. container or cup.
4. Place lid on container or cup and chill overnight.
5. Optional: Add spices such as nutmeg, or other flavoring variety.